1. Can I paint the walls in my apartment a different color?
Making any changes to the unit without permission is strictly prohibited in your rental agreement and may be grounds for eviction. Please obtain prior written approval from Riverside Management before making any changes to the property.
2. Can we bring our own washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher?
This is handled as a case by case situation depending on the property. Please contact the office with any questions or concerns
3. Can we end the lease early and if so how do we terminate properly?
If you decide to move out prior to the end of the lease term then you will be required to give us 60 days written notice, pay rent through that 60 day notice period, and leave the property in a clean and “rent ready” condition. There may be an early termination fee that will apply.
4. Do you spray for bugs or is this my responsibility?
We spray for bugs on a quarterly basis on all apartment complexes. If you are in a single family home or duplex, pest control is your responsibility.
5. How do I get other repairs on my home completed?
Please give a call to the office line for any maintenance requests. We will enter them into our system and get to them as soon as possible. Even if you tell one of our maintenance please call it into the office because they do not enter it into our system and the work will NOT get scheduled.
6. How do I have utilities changed to my name?
Utilities are often taken care of by the tenant, if the utilities are inclusive of the rental price then we will make that known. To set up utilities please call the numbers on the Utilities sheet attached to your lease.
7. How do I pay my rent and when?
Rent is due on the 1st of every month and late after the 5th. On the morning of the 6th there will be a $100 late fee assessed to your rent. For your convenience, we offer rent payments online as well as a drop box at our office for after-hours payments. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH. Tenants can make payments in a few different ways.
- Payment can be completed online! Simply log into your Tenant Portal, select Make Payment, and enter the necessary information.
- Payment may also be mailed to: Riverside Management, 28100 N. Ashley Circle Suite 101A, Libertyville, IL, 60048
- Payment can be brought into the office at the address on our home page during business hours. We are open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
8. I have a maintenance issue, how do I know if it is an emergency?
All maintenance issues are different, we ask that you use your best judgment in assessing whether the situation is an emergency or not. Below is a list of some of the general issues that may constitute an emergency.
Personal Injury: Contact 911 immediately.
Fire: Contact 911 immediately. Then notify Riverside Management.
Flood: If there is flooding in your home, please call our office immediately.
Heat: If the heat in your home is not working, please call our office.
Water: If the water in your home is not working at all, please call your local water provider, and then contact our office immediately. If the hot water in your home is not working, please contact our office only if it cannot wait until the next business day.
Plugged Toilet: This is only considered an emergency if the plugged toilet is the only toilet in your home. Please try to use a plunger before contacting our office.
10. I want a pet but my lease doesn’t allow it. Do I need to contact you?
Yes. You will need to contact our office before obtaining a pet. We will need to verify that the homeowner will allow you to have a pet. Once we verify that it is acceptable, you will need to sign a pet addendum and an additional pet fee may be required. Every property is different because it depends on the preference of the homeowner. Breed or species restrictions may be applied depending on the owner’s preference. It is best to contact our office for detailed information on the pet policy for the property you are interested in.
11. I want to install a satellite dish, what should I do?
Most properties are prohibited from installing satellite dishes on the building. Please call our office for information regarding your property. DO NOT INSTALL A DISH WITHOUT PERMISSION.
12. My lease is ending soon. What are the next steps?
Prior to your lease ending, we will contact you regarding a possible lease renewal. If you choose to move out at the end of your lease, you are required to give a 30 day notice.
13. What are my responsibilities as a tenant?
Paying rent on time is your primary responsibility. Other tenant responsibilities are documented in your lease.
14. What do I do about a plumbing problem?
The first step should be to turn your water off. Following that, please call our office and speak with a Property Manager. If it is after hours, please call our maintenance emergency line. If they do not answer please leave a message and the on call maintenance personnel will give you a call as soon as possible.
15. What do I do if the smoke detector in my unit starts beeping?
In most cases the 9-volt or lithium battery in your smoke detector needs to be changed. These can be purchased at your local market or hardware store. If you can not reach the smoke detector due to vaulted ceilings, please contact our main office and put in a work order. IT IS ILLEGAL TO DISCONNECT YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR.
16. What if I am locked out of my apartment?
Unfortunately, lockouts are not considered an emergency. We do everything we can to help avoid you locking yourself out. Therefore, the only reason will be if you have lost your key. If you are locked out after hours, you will need to contact a locksmith at your own expense. If you are locked out during office hours please contact the main office and we will try to send one of our maintenance personnel in order to assist you for a charge of $45.00. In most cases we will be able to provide you with a new set of keys for a fee.
17. Who pays for repairs in my unit?
You will be billed for repairs if the repair was a direct result of actions that were the tenant’s responsibility. Remember tenants are also responsible for damages done by their guests.